- Visit office.com
- Login with your school email in the form: email@example.com
(The firstname.lastname part should be the same as what you use with school computers.)
- Use the same password that you use with school computers.
- Teachers may use the Teams app to share content, post messages, and/or assignments. After logging into office.com go to Teams.
- You can also download the Teams app on your phone.
- Posts: Teachers may post announcements here, or share files or links.
- Files: All files uploaded to the Team are listed here
- Assignments: Teachers may post assignments. Students can "Add work" and "Turn in".
- Select an assignment
- Read the instructions
- Open or download attached "Reference material"
- Click "Add work"
- Either select a file in your OneDrive account, Share a link, Create a New Document, or Upload a document from your device
- Click "Turn In"
To Start a chat session with someone
- Click the "New Chat" icon
- Type the name of who you want to chat with
- Type a message, then press enter or click send icon.
Email - Outlook
- From the office.com home page, select "Outlook"
- Click " + New" to create a new email message
- In the "To" space, start typing a name of another Sunrise user, or an email address
- Add a subject
- Type your message
- Click "Send"
To capture what is on your screen, and save as an image.
Screenshot Windows 10
- Select the Start button, type "snipping tool" in the search box on the taskbar, and then select Snipping Tool from the list of results.
- Click New - And select an area of your screen you want to capture
- Click Save icon - to save the image somewhere (Into Your Pictures Folder)
- Click Copy icon - if you want to copy and paste it into Word or PowerPoint, etc.
Screenshot On Android
- Open the screen that you want to capture. Press the Power button for a few seconds. Then tap Screenshot. If that doesn't work, press and hold the Power and Volume down buttons at the same time for a few seconds.
- You can find the screenshot image in your photos app in a screenshot album.
Screenshot On iOS
- Press the side button and the Home button at the same time. Quickly release both buttons.
- You can find the screenshot image in your photos app.
Email on your phone
You can install a free Outlook app on your phone. Then sign in with firstname.lastname@example.org and your school password.
- iOS Mail app: Settings, scroll down to Mail, tap Accounts > Add Account
- Android Email App: manage accounts, +, exchange
- Android Gmail App: Gmail - menu icon in upper left corner > Settings > Add account > Exchange
- Username: email@example.com
- Password: (your school password)
- Server address: outlook.office365.com
- Some teachers may share class OneNote websites with you.
- After logging into office.com go to OneNote and look for class notebooks shared with you.
- You can also click a link from the email you received when a teacher shared the OneNote class with you.
- Online Cloud Storage (Similar to Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud, etc)
- From office.com select "OneDrive"
- You can save any type of files to this folder and access them anywhere you have internet.
Word, PowerPoint, Exel Online
- There are online versions of Word, PowerPoint, and Exel that you can use over the internet in your browser.
Share a Document
- With an online document open, click the share button
- Type email address(es) that you want to share with. As you type a name and wait it should give suggestions.
- Decide if you want to let the person edit or just view the document.
Apps for your phone
Install at home
- At home you can click the "Install Office" icon and install the full versions of Word, PowerPoint, Exel, etc on your computer at home