What are some of the new program changes?
Using a mix of online learning, in-class and in-car practice, Driver Z is designed to provide students with the knowledge, experience and confidence needed to be safe, responsible drivers. Our goal is to provide a world-class experience that prepares students, reduces collisions among drivers and ultimately contributes to safer roads for all of us! Your help in sharing the message regarding the new program and registration will ensure students don’t miss out on the opportunity to select a course that best fits their schedule.
- Students and parents/co-pilots must attend the Kick-Off, which is held on the first in-class session (not the second, as in the past).
- Students must provide an email address when they register so they can access the online application and receive course-relevant communication.
- Students must complete online learning prior to their first in-class lesson.
When does registration for the upcoming term begin?
Registration for the winter/spring 2020 term will begin on December 2, 2019.
Courses for the winter/spring 2020 term (includes courses with a start date between January 1 and June 30) will be available on Course Finder for students and parents to view only on November 28, 2019.
Where can students go for information?
Where do students go to pay and register?
Students can pay and register for courses at any Autopac agent or Manitoba Public Insurance Service Centre.
Students are grouped in two categories:
Primary (usually students attending the host school) – Students in this group may register for courses as soon as registration is available.
Secondary (usually students form other schools or divisions) – Students in this group may register for courses at the host school three to four weeks after those courses have been made available to the primary group.
How do students and co-pilots access the online learning?
Once students have registered, they will receive an email within 31 days of the course start date with instructions. They will be required to do the following:
- Log in to set up their account.
- Complete Zone 1 (activities 1-29) before Kick-off. This takes approximately 12 hours to complete.
- Invite at least one co-pilot (and up to eight) through Driver Z online.
- Co-pilots will also be required to log on and complete Zone 1 (activities 1-6) to be able to support the student and ensure all necessary tasks are finished to complete the program. This takes approximately two to three hours to complete.
It is important that students and co-pilots have separate email addresses to ensure they receive the appropriate emails for their role.
If you have any questions, please contact Driver Education by email or phone at (204) 985-7199 or toll-free at 1-800-261-9928.